The Ivory Moore Graduate Scholarship
Is named in honor of Mr. Ivory Moore, a retired educator and administrator at Texas A&M at Commerce (formerly East Texas State University), and founder of the Texas Association of Black Personnel in Higher Education. Graduate Scholarship Criteria Guidelines:
- Must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited graduate program (masters or doctoral program).
- Must be a current full-time student (minimum 9 hours).
- Must have and maintained a 3.00 overall GPA (on a 4.00 scale)
- Must mail a current official transcript (from all colleges or universities attended) and a current picture for publication purposes only. (Photos will not be returned).
- Must submit a recommendation form completed by either a faculty member or university administrator.
- Must submit a 500-word essay addressing the following topic:
“As an African American student pursuing a graduate degree in the 21st century,
how will the Ivory Moore Scholarship assist me in my future career endeavors?”
ESSAY CAN BE SUBMITTED EITHER BY MAIL OR EMAIL
TABPHE Scholarship Committee
Allison Joubert, Chairperson St. Philips College
1801 Martin Luther King Dr. San Antonio, TX 78203
Scholarship Amount: $1,000
(Disbursement procedure to be determined by the scholarship committee).