THE VILLAGE AT DEL MAR COLLEGE
A Mentoring Program for Del Mar College African-American Students
Request a mentor...
A mentor provides personal and academic assistance to aid in the retention of minority students.
Expectations of the Mentee:
- The mentee is committed to spending time with a mentor to develop a supportive relationship. Mentors are trustworthy people who are there to share their experiences through genuine concern and effort.
- The mentee is committed to spending time with and developing a meaningful and supportive relationship with a mentor.
- The mentee will attend and participate in the "Village at Del Mar" orientation.
- The mentee will participate in other suggested activities (i. e. support groups, tutoring, interpersonal skill building, cultural learning activities).
- The mentee will participate in the evaluation of the mentoring program by providing written responses to written evaluations.