TABPHE (Texas Association of Black Personnel in Higher Education) at Del Mar College
TABPHE believes that human performance, increase productivity, and quality of life are enhanced through the sharing of individual experiences. Higher education personnel are rich in experience, knowledge and skills that play a vital role in helping educational institutions address key goals for achieving success. TABPHE provides a statewide vehicle for a diverse, multicultural workforce to learn, share, direct, lead and influence our educational system.
- To act as a viable support for African Americans and other ethnic minorities in the educational process.
- To evaluate, suggest and support programs pertinent to African Americans and other ethnic minorities in colleges, universities and communities.
- To encourage and promote collaboration among African Americans and other ethnic minorities in the educational process.
- To assist colleges and universities in the recruitment, placement, and retention of African American and other ethnic minority students, faculty, staff and administrators, and to cooperate in other efforts relative to upgrading the educational objectives of the institutions.
- To stimulate interest in and awareness of current issues relevant to African Americans and other ethnic minorities in higher education.
- To provide a vehicle for disseminating the viewpoints of African Americans and other ethnic minorities regarding access and equity in the education of African Americans (including but not limited to Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action).
- To assist in and be supportive of the enlightenment and strengthening of African American and other ethnic minority programs at the secondary level geared toward college entrance.
- Commit to attending a minimum of eight scheduled meetings per year.
- Commit to spending at least two hours per month doing something for the chapter (e.g., recruit new members, gather information for the newsletter, call another chapter member).
- Commit personal and/or professional resources in the form of copies, postage, cash, etc., for special projects of the chapter according to one's ability and in compliance with all local and state rules and regulations associated with one's place of employment.
Conference Support Commitment
- Commit to supporting the Association's Annual State Conference. Support may include, but is not limited to, assisting in the local advertisement of the conference, attending the conference, bringing individuals or sponsoring individuals to attend the conference, and donations of finances and/or time in support of conference.