The following are scholarship opportunities available for those who are interested in pursuing studies in fields related to aviation:
- ATEC Scholarships and Awards. ATEC stands for Aviation Technician Education Council. It is an organization consisting of schools approved by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) as well as industries that support the advancement of Aviation Maintenance Technicians.
- AWAM Scholarships. The Association of Women in Aviation Maintenance (AWAM) is a non-profit organization with membership opportunities open to women, men, students, and corporations alike. Members belong in professions like maintenance technicians, engineers, teachers, scientists, vendors and pilots who support aviation maintenance in one form or another. It exists to help women in the aviation maintenance-related fields, and serves as an avenue for them to find ways to network and support each other.
- The Helicopter Association International (HAI) is an organization with
membership worldwide who support efforts on advancing the helicopter
community. Cognizant of the fast-paced changes evolving within the
helicopter industry, the HAI offers opportunities for scholarships to
qualified technicians in the aviation field. For the Bill Sanderson
Scholarship, click the links for the announcement and application form for more information.
- Northrop Rice Foundation The Northrop Rice Foundation provides support for the advancement of aviation maintenance careers through scholarships to students pursuing their A&P certificate, grants to Part 147 instructors for training on current industry technologies, and cost-effective methods to Part 147 schools in obtaining equipment through industry donations.
- PAMA Foundation Scholarship Program. The PAMA Foundation (PAMF) Scholarship Program was created to recognize and reward qualified students who have selected aviation maintenance as a career. Selection of recipients for the $1,000 scholarship is based on a defined set of criteria presented in the website.
- Women in Aviation, International (WAI) Scholarship. Awarding of scholarships is a major part of what WAI is all about. In the past years, WAI has given out more than $4 million in scholarships to its members. As an organization, it aims to help its members advance their careers in aviation and aerospace.
Contact the Financial Aid Services online or in-campus for programs and services available to those students who qualify.