Advanced Cheer & Athletics, LLC

Advanced Cheer & Athletics, LLC - Christina Kubala Velazquez, Owner/Instructor - Christina Kubala

Velazquez has been involved in gymnastics since she was a little girl. Both of her parents were gymnastics coaches and she knew that one day she would open her own cheerleading school. Christina was a varsity cheerleader for three years at W.B. Ray High School and was awarded a cheerleading scholarship to attend Sam Houston State University. For the last eight years, Christina’s been busy being a stay-at-home-mom and homeschooling her children. With the kids now old enough to fend for themselves, however, Christina’s dreams of opening a cheerleading school were rekindled and she began making plans to open Advanced Cheer & Athletics.

After finding a suitable location for her cheerleading school, Christina contacted the Del Mar College Small Business Development Center in November 2010 for help structuring a business plan and loan proposal. SBDC business advisor Michael North assisted her in preparing a detailed business plan with cash flow projections and financial statements. After the business plan and financials were completed, Christina approached ACCION Texas-Louisiana for a loan and was approved. According to Christina, “I received business counseling from Mike North, which has been invaluable. I walked into the Small Business Development Center unsure of where to begin or how to establish a small business, and I have left there with a strong foundation in which I have built my small business on. The wisdom and experience Mr. North offered has been key in getting my small business started. I appreciate the honest, bold, straightforward counseling Mr. North gave me. I did not want someone to hold my hand, I needed a bold comprehensive approach to establish a business that will withstand the test of time and be an asset to my beloved hometown. While I am just beginning my small business venture, I feel confident that the tools and resources Mr. North and the Del Mar College Small Business Development Center offered me will be valuable tools I will use throughout the life of my business. Thank you for helping a local girl who came from not very much, to establish a solid business focused on being an asset to my community.”

Christina’s dream of establishing a quality, competitive cheerleading school became a reality on April 15, 2011, when she officially opened the doors to Advanced Cheer & Athletics, which is located in the former Ironhorse Gym at 6801 Weber Road. Advanced Cheer & Athletics specializes in teaching proper tumbling and cheerleading technique to children ages 3 to 18, and also offers a variety of group fitness programs for children as well as adults. Christina is a dedicated instructor and cares very deeply about her students. She will have a positive influence on her students’ lives and will instill in them a love and enjoyment for fitness that will last a lifetime. For more information on programs and class schedules, call Christina Kubala Velazquez at (361) 334-2774 or visit her website at www.advancedcheerandathletics.com.

Become a Client Click Here to take survey Business Resource Center
Join Our Email List
Email:  
None
Del Mar College