Steak and More To Go

Steaks & More To Go
Ben Mohsen

Through most of the 1990s, Ben Mohsen owned and operated two Mediterranean-style restaurants in Houston, Texas, both of which he eventually sold for a profit. While in Houston, Ben also became a state licensed auctioneer and subsequently moved to Corpus Christi to start his own auction business. Over the ensuing years, Ben’s auctioneer business became very successful; however, he couldn’t shake the restaurateur inside him.

In August 2009, Ben contacted the Del Mar College Small Business Development Center for help structuring a business plan and loan proposal for a deli and ice cream parlor. SBDC business advisor Michael North assisted him in preparing a detailed business plan with cash flow projections and financial statements. During the process, however, instead of a deli and ice cream parlor, Ben decided he wanted to open a meal delivery/pick-up service featuring choice cut steaks, chicken and shish kabob, grilled-to-order. Thus was born the idea for Steaks & More To Go.

After the business plan and financials for Steaks & More To Go were completed, Ben approached First Victoria National Bank for a loan and was approved. According to Ben, “I was trying to get a loan for my restaurant, but didn’t get far until someone told me to go to the Del Mar College Small Business Development Center. Meeting Mr. North was the best thing that happened to me, as at the time I needed a knowledgeable person to guide me with my business plans. He prepared essential information and made a very professional document. With his useful documentation, I got approval of my loan request on my first try. God willing, I will open my restaurant in May 2010, and for this I am thankful to Mr. North, his friendly advice and hard work.”

Ben’s goal of establishing a first-of-its-kind steak delivery service in Corpus Christi became a reality on May 14, 2010, when he officially opened for business. Steaks & More To Go is located in the new Colony Plaza at 6314 Yorktown Blvd., Suite 201. For Steak House quality spreads delivered straight to your home or office, call Ben Mohsen at (361) 993-7777.

Become a Client Click Here to take survey Business Resource Center
Join Our Email List
Email:  
None
Del Mar College