Taqueria Valle Hermoso

Blanca Torres always dreamed of owning her own restaurant. A native of Valle Hermoso Mexico , she moved to Corpus Christi in 1992, married, and started a family. Only twenty-nine years old, hard-working, and bright, she began waiting in local Mexican food taquerias. With a dream always in mind, she worked eagerly to gain experience she would one day use in her own business. After 3 years at Lila's Mexican Food in Calallen, Blanca's dream would come closer. The owner of the restaurant and others in the Corpus Christi area, decided to sell this particular location. She offered Blanca the opportunity to take it over. With only limited personal funds to invest, Blanca assumed the existing operation. All employees of Lila's Mexican Food Restaurant decided they would stay with the business under new management and ownership. Just months after taking over, Blanca realized the need for a small loan to help meet monthly bills and keep steady cash flow. She came in contact with a local Robstown Area Development Commission member, whom frequented her restaurant and was referred to SBDC for assistance. Elizabeth Soliz provided a business plan and loan assistance. After reviewing all loan options, Ms. Torres decided that she wanted to try for a micro loan under the Innovative Bank Small Office Home Office (SOHO) program. Elizabeth provided loan assistance and a loan was approved in January 2004.

Blanca came to the U.S. with a dream that quickly became a reality. Blanca states "I always dreamed one day I would own my own restaurant. Now that dream has been realized and I am very content and satisfied with the success of my business so far" She renamed the business after her hometown in Mexico . Taqueria Valle Hermoso is recognized as one of the best Mexican Food Restaurants in the area for its traditional, fine and specialty breakfast, lunch, and dinner dishes. Blanca resides in Corpus Christi with her husband, Carlos Torres, who also owns his own painting service business, and her son Carlos Torres Jr., 9 and daughter, Blanca Torres, 5.

Become a Client Click Here to take survey Business Resource Center
Join Our Email List
Email:  
None
Del Mar College