SBDC FAQ'S

Who can use the services of the SBDC/PTAC? Do I have to be a Del Mar Student?
The services of the SBDC/PTAC are open to anyone who currently owns a business or is interested in starting a business.

How much does it cost?
The counseling services are free and confidential. Training workshops, special events, and subscriptions may include a nominal fee to cover the speaker fees, workbooks, handouts, and other materials.

What if I don't live in Corpus Christi, can I still use the services?
Absolutely, counseling is primarily conducted here in the Corpus Christi office, but our counselors are free to meet with you at your place of business. The SBDC counselors work hard to make our services as convenient as possible for our time-strapped business owners, and travel to many of the counties surrounding the Corpus Christi Metropolitan area on a regular schedule.

How often can I meet with my counselor?
There is no limit to the number of times that a counselor can meet with a client provided that the meetings produce results for the client.

Approximately how many clients are assisted by the SBDC each year?
During 2006, the SBDC counselors worked with over 600 clients, and approximately 2400 people attended the training workshops.

Is there a fee for the training workshops?
Many workshops are presented free of charge, but others include a nominal fee to cover the speaker fees, workbooks, handouts, and other materials.

Do you all have free grants or loans for women, minorities...etc?
No, unfortunately we do not have any grants available, and we are not a lending agency. We do provide assistance in loan packaging, and our counselors are here to help you find sources of capital for your business.

Become a Client Click Here to take survey Business Resource Center
Join Our Email List
Email:  
None
Del Mar College