FAQ

Who can use the services of the SBDC/PTAC? Do I have to be a Del Mar Student?

The services of the SBDC/PTAC are open to anyone who currently owns a business or is interested in starting, growing or exiting a business.

How much does it cost?

Our business advising services are no cost and confidential. Training workshops, special events, and subscriptions may include a nominal fee to cover the speaker fees, workbooks, handouts, and other materials.

What if I don't live in Corpus Christi, can I still use the services?

Absolutely, advising is primarily conducted here in the Corpus Christi office, but our advisors are able to meet with you at your place of business. The SBDC advisors work hard to make our services as convenient as possible for our time-strapped business owners, and travel to many of the counties surrounding the Corpus Christi Metropolitan area on a regular basis.

How often can I meet with my advisor?

There is no limit to the number of times that an advisor can meet with a client provided that the meetings produce results for the client.

Approximately how many clients are assisted by the SBDC each year?

During 2015, the SBDC advisors worked with over 400 clients, and approximately 2,100 people attended the training workshops.

Is there a fee for the training workshops?

Many workshops are presented at no cost, but others include a nominal fee to cover the speaker fees, workbooks, handouts, and other materials.

Do you all have free grants or loans for women, minorities...etc?

No, unfortunately we do not have any grants available, and we are not a lending agency. We do provide assistance with business planning and financing request preparation, and our advisors are here to help you find sources of capital for your business.

Small Business Development Center

3209 S. Staples
Corpus Christi, TX 78411
Phone: (361) 698-1021
Fax: (361) 698-1024

Newsletter Signup

Like us on Facebook

Funded in part through the State of Texas and a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. Reasonable accomodations for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency will be maade if requested at least two weeks in advance. Contact Monica Benavides at Del Mar College, 101 Baldwin, Corpus Chrsti, TX 78404; (361) 698-2422.

©2017 Small Business Development Center

logo
logo
logo
logo
logo