Geology Questions – Do You Know the Answers?
DMC Geology classes will provide answers to the following questions:
- What was the “Big Bang,” and how many galaxies are there ?
- Do planets exist beyond our Solar System?
- When did life first begin on planet Earth?
- Considering all life forms ever on Earth, what percentage became extinct?
- Why are there so many earthquakes and volcanoes around the Pacific Ocean?
- Where do I find Texas dinosaur footprints nearest to Corpus Christi?
- What geologic hazards exist in for South Texas and Corpus Christi?
- Why does Texas have abundant sources of energy?
- Why are there large deposits of salt and uranium minerals near the Texas coast?
- What critical information should I know about water wells, rivers, and drinking water?
- When did saber tooth cats and mammoths live in the Corpus Christi area?
- Why did South Texas experience an earthquake in 1997? How likely are we to experience more earthquakes here?
- Where is the large Corpus Christi Clarkwood fault?
- Is the Corpus Christi area likely to experience a tsunami?
- Why is Padre Island offshore from Corpus Christi, and where are the local clay dunes located?
- Why do the local bays have tides and different salinities?
- Locally where can I find different minerals, rocks, and fossils?
- How are gemstones modified before they are sold?