Nuclear Medicine Technology - Criminal Background Check

Pre-Check Image

The hospitals affiliated with Del Mar College, to provide clinical education courses, require criminal background checks on incoming students to insure patient safety. As one who is making application to enter the radiography program at Del Mar College, you will be required to request your background check in sufficient time for it to be reviewed by the hospital prior to your admission into the program. A background check typically takes 3 – 5 normal business days to complete.

The background checks are conducted by PreCheck, Inc., a firm specializing in background checks for healthcare workers. Your order must be placed online only through “StudentCheck.”

Go to www.PreCheck.com and click on the StudentCheck link and then click the Student button.

Complete all required fields and hit Continue to enter your payment information. The payment of $52.02 (plus state tax for students living in Texas) can be made securely online with a credit or debit card. You can also pay by money order, but that will delay processing your background check until the money order is received by mail at the PreCheck office. You will be provided an order confirmation number and instructions on how to check the status on the completion of your report by email.

PreCheck will not use your information for any other purposes other than a background check. Your credit will not be investigated, and your name will not be given out to any businesses.

If you need assistance, please contact PreCheck at StudentCheck@PreCheck.com

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

• Do I get a copy of the report?
    YES, you may request a copy of the report through Precheck only. The affiliated hospitals and the director of the Nuclear Medicine Technology Program have access to the reports, but are unable to provide you with an official copy.

• Does PreCheck need every street address where I have lived over the past 7 years?
    No, just the city and state.

• I have been advised that I am being denied entry into the program because of information on my report and that I should contact PreCheck. Where should I call?
    Call PreCheck’s Adverse Action hotline at 800-203-1654. Adverse Action is the procedure established by the Fair Credit Reporting Act that allows you to see the report and to dispute anything reported.

• I have a criminal record. What should I do?
    Disclose the crime on your application.