- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Degree Programs
- Adjunct Faculty
- Bissell, Paul, Sound Recording Technology
- Bridges, Cynthia. Department Chair
- Chen, Shao-Shan. Piano
- Ehle, Robert. Violin, Viola, and Orchestra
- Hagarty, Scott. Trumpet
- Hii, Philip. Guitar
- Irving, David. Jazz
- Kairies, Joy. Flute
- Kemm, Karl. Horn
- Lipman, William. Clarinet and Saxophone
- Longoria, Cynthia. Voice
- Petersen, Roger W. Theory and Composition
- Pinson, Donald. Trombone
- Rada, Raphael. Voice
- Ramirez, Abel. Concert Band
- Richardson, Dennis. Choir
- Sisauyhoat, Neil. Percussion
- Sturman, Susan Jean. Cello
- Sutanto, David. Piano
- Support Student Scholarships
Del Mar College Music Scholarship Application
Scholarship Audition Dates for Brass/Woodwinds/Percussion
Woodwind, Brass & Percussion
March 6th 3-6 p.m.
March 7th 1-3 p.m.
March 27th 3-6 p.m.
March 28th 1-3 p.m.
April 3rd 3-6 p.m.
April 4th 1-3 p.m.
April 10th 3-6 p.m.
April 11th 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
April 18th 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
Call (361) 698-1211 to schedule a scholarship audition time.
WHAT TO PREPARE FOR THE AUDITION
BRASS and WOODWINDS: Please prepare two etudes of contrasting style. We will want to hear no more than 5-6 minutes TOTAL of music. You should also be prepared to play your major scales up to 4 sharps and 4 flats.
PERCUSSION: Please be prepared to play at least 2 etudes from the following instrument choices: snare drum, marimba, timpani. You can choose which two instruments to audition on. We will have the percussion instruments for you to play.
GUITAR: Contact Philip Hii at 361-698-1603 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information about appropriate repertoire, etc.
STRINGS: Contact Todd Ehle (violin/viola) at 361-698-1223 or email@example.com or Susan Sturman (cello/bass) at 361-698-1612 for information about appropriate repertoire, etc.
VOICE: Contact Cynthia Longoria at 361-698-1607 or firstname.lastname@example.org; Raphael Rada at 361-698-1606 or email@example.com ; Dennis Richardson at 361-698-1352 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information about appropriate repertoire, etc.
PIANO: Contact David Sutanto at 361-698-1614 or email@example.com or Shao-Shan Chen at 361-698-1611 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information about appropriate repertoire, etc.
SOUND RECORDING TECHNOLOGLY: Contact Paul Bissell at 361-698-1618 or email@example.com for more information.
Steps to complete the scholarship application process:
- Complete the Stars application (online) - Instructions
- Complete the Music Scholarship Application Form (submit online or print hard copy and mail)
- High school seniors only – Ask your high school guidance counselor to complete the Music Scholarship Counselor’s form.
- Call the Del Mar College Music Department at 361-698-1211 to set up an audition time.
Mail scholarship applications to:
Chairperson, Scholarship Committee
Department of Music
Del Mar College
101 Baldwin Street
Corpus Christi, TX 78404-3897