- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Degree Programs
- Adjunct Faculty
- Bissell, Paul, Sound Recording Technology
- Bridges, Cynthia. Department Chair
- Chen, Shao-Shan. Piano
- Ehle, Robert. Violin, Viola, and Orchestra
- Hagarty, Scott. Trumpet
- Hii, Philip. Guitar
- Irving, David. Jazz
- Kairies, Joy. Flute
- Kemm, Karl. Horn
- Lipman, William. Clarinet and Saxophone
- Longoria, Cynthia. Voice
- Petersen, Roger W. Theory and Composition
- Pinson, Donald. Trombone
- Rada, Raphael. Voice
- Ramirez, Abel. Concert Band
- Richardson, Dennis. Choir
- Sisauyhoat, Neil. Percussion
- Sturman, Susan Jean. Cello
- Sutanto, David. Piano
- Support Student Scholarships
Madera Wind Quintet in Concert at Del Mar College
In 2008, five musicians with a shared love for chamber music came together in Denton, Texas, to form the Madera Wind Quintet. Madera has recorded two albums: Five at Play (2012) and Five Piece Combo, to be released in 2015. Performing for diverse audiences across the United States, they have quickly become known as one of today’s most exciting wind quintets. Exploring the fringes of the quintet repertoire— new music, forgotten gems, original arrangements and music for children — Madera also engages audiences with the classic repertoire and beauty of the wind quintet sonority. Madera premiered the International Joint Wind Quintet Commissioning Project’s winning composition at the 2012 International Double Reed Society and International Horn Society conferences and will be featured at the 2015 Texas Music Educators Association conference. Educational outreach is also important to Madera, whose work includes workshops and clinics for students of all ages.
• Monday, Feb. 9, 7:30, Wolfe Recital Hall, Fine Arts Center Music Building, Del Mar College East, Ayers at Kosar.
Corpus Christi Chamber Orchestra at Del Mar College in Concert
The Corpus Christi Chamber Orchestra at Del Mar College will present its third concert of the 2014-15 Season featuring Orientale by Cesar Cui, Malaga by Josef Rixner, the Norwegian Dances, Op. 35, by Edvard Grieg and the Miniature Symphony in C Major by Louis Scarmolin. The concert is free and open to the public.
• Sunday, February 15, 4 p.m., Wolfe Recital Hall, Fine Arts Center Music Building, Del Mar College East, Ayers at Kosar.
• For more information, contact Todd Ehle at email@example.com or 698-1223.
Solo Recital with Guest Pianist Caroline Oltmanns
The Del Mar College Music Department presents guest pianist Caroline Oltmanns, who will perform a program featuring works by Schumann, Chopin, Liszt, Debussy and Crumb. “Flawless, eloquent and always enlightened by clarity” (www.clevelandclassical.com), Oltmanns delivers impeccable musical phrasing and engaging stage presence, attracting audiences both in the United States and abroad. Her concerto appearances include soloist with Youngstown Symphony, Johnson City Symphony Orchestra, Harburger Orchester Akademie and Cleveland Philharmonic Orchestra, in addition to the commissioned premieres and recordings of several new concerti. Oltmanns has produced and recorded five solo CDs on the Filia Mundi label. Her playing has been broadcast globally on radio and television. As an International Steinway Artist, Fulbright Scholar and recipient of the Stipendium der deutschen Wirtschaft, Oltmanns is professor of piano at Youngstown State University and holds degrees from the Staatliche Musikhochschule in Freiburg, Germany, and the University of Southern California in Los Angeles.
• Monday, Feb. 16, 7:30 p.m., Wolfe Recital Hall, Fine Arts Center Music Building, Del Mar College East, Ayers at Kosar.
Del Mar Master Chorus Rummage Sale
Del Mar Master Chorus members will hold an indoor rummage sale in Del Mar College’s Music Building located at Ayers and Kosar Streets. The sale will run from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Items include clothing, furniture, appliances, games, toys and more.
• Saturday, Feb. 21, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Fine Arts Center Music Building, Del Mar College East.
Hamlet Piano Trio in Concert at Del Mar College
The Corpus Christi Chamber Music Society presents the Hamlet Piano Trio performing works by Schumann, Mendelssohn and Tchaikovsky. Tickets are $25 and available at the door. Free student vouchers also are available in Room 102 of the Del Mar College Fine Arts Music Building.
• Sunday, Feb. 22, 2 p.m., Wolfe Recital Hall, Fine Arts Center Music Building, Del Mar College East, Ayers at Kosar.
• For more information, contact the Corpus Christi Chamber Music Society at 888-7785 or firstname.lastname@example.org.