RACQUETBALL COURT REGULATIONS
1. Reservations may be made from 1:00-4:00, Monday-Thursday, prior to the day of participation. Reservations may be made in person in Gymnasium 115 or by calling 698-1947. Reservations for Saturday, Sunday and Monday may be made on Thursday from 1:00-4:00pm or Friday, between 8:00-10:00am. Unreserved courts may be used by signing the reservation sheet posted in court mezzanine area.
2. Reservations are in one hour increments. At the end of an hour, if no one is waiting to play, participants may continue play but may not monopolize courts.
3. All students and DMC employees will be required to show their current Del Mar College ID card and must sign in to use facilities. All students and adjunct instructors must have a current semester stamp on card. Identification cards may be obtained at the East Campus Library. Contact Library, for specific hours of operation.
4. After 10 minutes, late arrivals relinquish their court reservation.
5. Students must be properly attired for participation in racquetball facility:
a. athletic shoes; no black soled shoes that mark the floor
b. shirts, shorts or sweats must be worn
c. eye guards must be worn at all times in court area
6. ALL PLAYERS MUST WEAR EYE GUARDS. Eye guards may be checked out from equipment room (Gymnasium 115). Prescription eyeglasses are an acceptable replacement for eye guards.
7. If a student refuses to wear eye guards, they will be asked to leave the facility.
8. Participants will be removed from the facility, for destructive abuse of court (walls, floors, doors, bulletin boards, whiteboard) or littering in facility areas.
9. Participants acting in a disrespectful manner will be suspended indefinitely. (See General Regulations, regarding suspension).
10.Children below 12 years of age must be supervised by parent or guardian at all times. No exceptions.
11. No smoking, eating or drinking in facilities. No smoking in patio area. Participants may drink in foyer area, however, eating/smoking must be done outdoors. Dispose of all trash by using trash receptacles. Water bottles (non-glass) are allowe din all areas.
12. To insure safety, additional rules may be enforced, as needed.
13. For a detailed list of rules for each facility, visit our website or review rules posted in various areas of Aquatic Center, Gymnasium or Kinesiology Complex.
14. Please refer to “General Regulations” for additional information.