Health Information Technology Program

Program Sequence

IMPORTANT: New students seeking the certificate or A.A.S. awards must meet the following requirements before enrolling in the health information technology courses:
Assessment scores in Reading, Writing and Math (REM) must reach a level of “2” in math and "3"; in reading and writing.

"The College's (health information technology/ coding specialist) programs not only prepared me for national certification (CCA), my education gives me advantages and a better opportunity in finding employment. Currently, I’m working as a coder in a local radiology office with six other employees, and I am the only employee in the coding area with certification”.
(Mary Holder, RHIT, CCA).

Graduation Prerequisites
A minimum course grade of a "C" must be earned in each of the required courses to meet graduation requirements.

Length of Programs
Coding Specialist Certificate: 40 credits
AAS:72 credits

Entrance Dates
Fall Semester August
Spring Semester January

Currently students enter the Health Information Technology program in the fall and spring semesters. Most courses are only offered once a year, therefore students are encouraged to plan ahead by reviewing course sequence plans with program advisor.

Testimony
“The College’s (health information technology/ coding specialist) programs not only prepared me for national certification (CCA), my education gives me advantages and a better opportunity in finding employment. Currently, I’m working as a coder in a local radiology office with six other employees, and I am the only employee in the coding area with certification”. (Mary Holder, RHIT, CCA).

©2010 Del Mar College